These three incredibly cozy fall recipes are perfect for satisfying all your cravings! Hearty green chili, beer bread, and brownies made by local Colorado companies bring warmth and the flavor of the Rocky Mountains into your home.
Here at The Colorado Store, we are proud to be a family-owned and operated company, and we love supporting other local companies like ours. Taste of the Rockies, featured in our beer bread and brownie recipes, are long-time Coloradans who love the Rocky Mountains. They have a rich 83-year history of providing delicious baking mixes, old-fashioned candies, snack mixes, and hot sauces. Colorado is known for its green chili, and no one does it better when it comes to boxing that flavor than the Colorado Speciality Spice Company. They are the creators behind Cody Parker’s Rocky Mountain Green Chili and Rocky Mountain Mulling Spices. They bring authentic American West flavors to homes all across the country.
Whether you’re looking for a tasty Colorado gift idea, or just want to indulge yourself, you can find our favorite chili, beer bread mix, and brownie mix at any of our brick & mortar stores. While you’re there, be sure to shop our selection of hand towels and drinkware for the perfect present!
Rocky Mountain Green Chili
What could be better on a crisp Colorado day than a heaping bowl of green chili?! Rocky Mountain Green Chili founded by Cody Parker sourced the finest spices in the West for a truly authentic flavor. Pair this chili recipe with the beer bread and enjoy a restaurant quality meal in the comfort of your home! Pro-tip: if you want your green chili to stay green, follow the recipe and don’t substitute crushed tomatoes for diced.
- One box of Rocky Mountain Green Chili Mix
- 2 pounds pork or chicken (coarse ground or diced)
- 1-2 medium chopped onions
- 8 ounces diced green chiles
- 16 ounces chopped or crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- Brown the pork or chicken with the onions
- Once the meat is browned, add the diced green chiles, tomatoes, and water to the pot
- Bring to a boil for one minute, then reduce heat to simmer
- Add contents of spice packet from the Rocky Mountain Green Chili Mix
- Stir well and simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes
- BONUS! Add chopped bell peppers or jalapeños for a little extra kick to your chili
Baking has never been quicker or easier than with this recipe and one box of the Taste of the Rockies Original Beer Bread Mix. Just add your favorite beer to the mix for a flavorful bread that is best served as a side dish to any savory meal. We recommend using a darker beer such as a stout or porter for a more robust flavor to the beer bread. We used local favorite Denver Beer Co.’s Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Porter and it gave the bread a delicious subtle sweetness.
- One package of Taste of the Rockies Original Beer Bread Mix
- One beer of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease bread pan
- Empty bread mix into a bowl
- Crack open a beer and take a sip
- Pour remaining beer into bowl and stir
- Pour batter into the bread pan
- Stick bread pan into the oven
- Bake for 40 minutes while you look at your phone
- BONUS! Drizzle honey over the top when it’s fresh out of the oven for added awesomeness
These brownies are fudgy and rich, and when they are fresh out of the oven, they are the perfect warm treat for a cold fall day! Add your favorite chocolate mint treats like Ghirardelli’s Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark for a minty holiday twist.
- One package of Taste of the Rockies Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bottom of 8″ cake pan
- Pour brownie mix into a bowl
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to mix
- Mix well. Pour into baking pan and place in oven
- Bake 20-22 minutes while you look at your phone
- BONUS! For a holiday twist, chop up Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark squares and mix into the batter. Sprinkle extra bark over the top once the brownies have cooled.
Next time you want to bring a taste of Colorado and holiday warmth into your home, stop by The Colorado Store in the Outlets at Castle Rock, Park Meadows Mall, or Outlets at Silverthorne. You’ll find all varieties of Colorado treats from hot sauce, baking mixes, and candies from our favorite local companies!